The Ownership Economy With Summaries (save time!)
Now, you can read the bullet points below or the article summaries for any content we share!
So, if you’re in a rush or simply want to skim through the newsletter, we now welcome The Ownership Summary Page.
Let me know what you think! :)
Reading List with Summaries to Save Time!
Industrial research labs have played a critical role in pioneering much of modern technology:
- In the last decade, crypto and web3 have matured into an independent field of knowledge that brings together elements of computer science, economics, finance, and the humanities.
- With the advent of Ethereum and other blockchains that are fully programmable, web3 has unlocked an extremely rich design space for innovation.
- There is an opportunity for an industrial research lab to help bridge the worlds of academic theory with industry practice.
- The most important element of any successful research lab is the people.
- When building a16z crypto research lab, you need to find a brilliant researcher, communicator, and educator who can also assemble and lead a world-class team.
- You also need to be aligned with the mission of advancing the science and technology at the core of crypto and Web3.
- Only two people in the world bring together all these attributes
- Tim Roughgarden, a researcher and computer science professor at Stanford and Columbia, has led the development of Algorithmic Game Theory, a field that brings together ideas from Computer Science and Economics to solve real-world computing problems.
- Dan Boneh, a professor of computer science and electrical engineering at Stanford University, wrote the definitive textbook on applied cryptography, and is also a renowned educator and entrepreneur.
- Under Tim’s leadership, they’re bringing onboard a multidisciplinary, all-star founding team of Research Partners.